Signing in to your SAM★INK® Account is the best way to access and control privacy settings and personalize your experience. Sign in to adjust what information you make public and what data we can use to give you better recommendations and faster results.
We use data to make our services as useful as possible, but you decide what types of data we collect and use. We built SAM★INK® Account to give you easy and quick access to tools that help you manage your privacy and security. You decide how your data can make our services work better for you by reviewing the content.
What is Personal Data?
Definition: Personal Data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access e.g. full name, mobile number, photograph, thumbprint, etc
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) - a law passed in Singapore that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of your personal data. The PDPA also provides the establishment of the Do Not Call (DNC) Registry that allows you to opt out of unsolicited telemarketing messages.
The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) - the government agency that administers and enforces the personal data protection law and the DNC Registry in Singapore. We either obtains consent from individuals to send them marketing messages through their telephone or mobile phone numbers or check the Do Not Call (DNC) Registry prior to conducting telemarketing activities for individuals they do not have consent for.
We have 9 Data Protection (DP) obligations in total. We will describe each to you.
Consent Obligation - We obtain consent from individuals before the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data. SAM★INK® also allows the withdrawal of consent by individuals.
Purpose Limitation Obligation - We can use the personal data collected only for reasonable and appropriate purposes.
Notification Obligation - We must notify individuals of the purpose for which their personal data will be collected, used or disclosed.
- Access and Correction Obligation - We provides access to the individual's personal data upon request. SAM★INK® also allows correction of personal data that is being held.
- Accuracy Obligation - We make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal data collected is accurate and complete if it is to be used to make a decision that affects the individual, or disclosed to another organization.
- Protection Obligation - We protect personal data in its possession by making reasonable security arrangements.
- Retention Limitation Obligation - We do not retain personal data when no longer necessary/ no longer serves the intended purpose.
- Transfer Limitation Obligation - We ensure that the standard of protection for personal data overseas is comparable to those under the PDPA.
- Openness Obligation - We designate the Director as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and make information about its policies and processes available on request.
It has been more than 10 years since we first introduced practices to meet the Data Protection obligations. We appoint the Director to be responsible for managing the organization's data protection practices, as well as responding to queries from the public, such as a Data Protection Officer. SAM★INK®:
- obtains consent from individuals before the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data.
- has a process for individuals to withdraw their consent from the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data.
- notifies individuals of the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing their personal data.
- ensures that personal data collected is only used for the purpose that individuals have given consent for.
- has procedures in place to handle individuals' requests to access their personal data.
- has procedures in place to handle individuals' requests to correct their personal data.
- verifies that the personal data collected are accurate and complete before using.
- establishes and enforces Information and Communication Technology (ICT) security policies, standards and procedures to ensure personal data is secured and protected.
- performs secure deletion, erasure or destruction of electronic personal information on storage media before redeploying, exchanging or disposing of the media.
- performs secure destruction of physical media containing personal data.
- conducts regular ICT security audits, scans and tests to detect vulnerabilities and non-compliance with organizational standards.
- sets a retention period (i.e. a retention policy) for various types of personal data collected, use or disclosed.
- has arrangements in place to ensure that the transfer of personal data to another country is safe and secure.
- information on data protection policies is made available upon request.
- has developed a process to receive, investigate and respond to complaints regarding the misuse of personal data.
- has alternative online platforms for individuals to share their data protection concerns, we would use the platform to explain and clarify the concerns of the individuals.
If an individual lodges a complaint on personal data breach and if both are unable to resolve the matter directly, the PDPC may refer the matter for mediation by a qualified mediator for a nominal fee. The PDPC will only do so if both the individual and SAM★INK® agree that the matter is to be referred to mediation. The PDPC will generally not proceed with further investigations if the matter is resolved amicably. In the event when data protection disputes cannot be resolved with an individual, we will be willing to resolve them through an independent mediator, instead of an investigation initiated by the PDPC.
The PDPA is beneficial for consumers. The PDPA is beneficial for SAM★INK®. The benefits derived from complying with the PDPA outweigh the cost of compliance in the long run. The PDPC has been effective in enforcing the law. The PDPA will help to strengthen Singapore's position as a trusted hub and choice location for data hosting and management activities.
The information we manage
When you do business with us, we manage the following information: Company Name or name of a company representative, email address, shipping address, billing address, and telephone number. We are registered with PayPal and hold a PayPal Account. We receive payment via PayPal from your PayPal Account. We do not collect your credit card information.
How we will manage the information
We gather this information to allow us to process orders and deliver the goods requested. We provide statements of your account and to communicate on any matter relating to the account and the provision of the goods in general.
We may also wish to update you on special offers in our Store. If you would rather not receive this information, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
Cookies and other information gathering technologies
How we protect your information
We use Shopify whose security procedures, technical, and organizational measures safeguard and secure the information online. As with internet banking, all data transferred online is scrambled with 256 bit SSL encryption. If you have any questions about security on our Store, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not transfer customer information to entities outside our company.
Access to your information, updating, and correction your information
Customers have the right to request a copy of the information. Please email email@example.com or send a letter to Inkjet Systems Private Limited, 56 Loyang Way, 02-18, Singapore 508775. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to ensure that your business information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us to remove information which is out of date.
By submitting information, customers consent to the management of that information as set out in this policy.
"By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency."
How to contact us
If you like this page, Click here to create an account and keep up-to-date with the latest wide-format and large format print market.
Sam Leong BSc MSc MBA. Director.